With TSA limitations and a desire to carry on my makeup, I’m always looking for travel sizes, plastic tubes and a way to keep up my skin care. I tend towards dehydration when I travel. My skin seems thirsty and craves moisturizer. I continue to try to slim down what I use but when I pack, it seems like everything and the kitchen sink.
What do I use? My everyday routine is the same and I try for simple. Sunday’s routine is my pamper routine and a bit more complex. My Monday through Saturday routine begins with the basics
- Serum – I use the Chanel’s sublimage serum. I’ve used Chanel since I was in my twenties. My skin is sensitive to many ingredients and, in particular, some of the more natural ones. That’s unfortunate but rather than feeling like I’ve had a chemical burn and running for meds, I’ll opt for things that work for me.
- Moisturizer – My go to is Chanel’s le lift. Recently I’ve tried La Prairie’s Cavier for night. It is wonderful but a bit heavy for me.
- Eye cream – This is an everyday, morning and night, must for me. Carmen impressed upon me early on the importance of using an eye cream. I’ve tried many, including Le Mer and Chanel’s but my “go to” here is the La Prairie.
- Gel cleanser – I opt for the Chanel sublimage at night. I love the cleanser and it removes eye makeup easily.
- Weezie’s towels – I love the navy towels that are perfect for removing makeup. Plus, they are fun with the eyelashes embroidered on them.
- Toner – I follow cleanser with toner.
- Vitamin E gel – I love the Jo Malone vitamin e gel for my cuticles and hands, especially in the winter.
- Body lotion – I’ve used a range from Creme de corp to Jo Maone’s body creme. I’m not picky here. I confess that is because I’ve yet to find my “holy grail” of lotion. It is fun to continue to look.
When I travel, I focus on serum, moisturizer, eye creme and cleanser. I tend to use whatever the hotel provides for hands and feet. I also carry Chanel’s handcream in my tote. Carmen, at BG, is wonderful to me. She is always up for travel size samples to get me through TSA and travels. Thanks to her I can keep up my regime even when I’m on the go.