I love office supplies and stationery stores. So many tempting items. Pens, pencils, notebooks, calendars, agendas, and supplies to organize. Can we name January organization month? It is the beginning of the year and time to start fresh and organize everything for the beginning of a new year.
I use a combination of online and paper to keep my life organized.
- Agendas – I keep two one that I keep by my bed (Inslee by Design at Inslee.net) and one that fits in my tote.
- Office calendar – I use a circa calendar (weekly version) in the office. It serves as a diary in addition to a calendar. Appointments, phone numbers, meetings and projects and related notes end up there.
- Online calendar – I keep all my appointments entered in an online calendar that is synched to my phone and iPad. I love having that information electronically available and at my finger tips.
- iPhone reminder app – I love this app. I keep my to do list, grocery list and every other kind of conceivable list there. It synchs across my devices and I can enter due dates.
- Ulysses notebooks – I keep three going at all times. One has important facts related to contacts and other key life information. It is the notebook I take in advent of fire. Also, it includes information I don’t want available online. The other notebooks are more project based and hold notes for various projects and from related meetings. One or both always seems in my tote.
- Online file storage – this is a must and is available from a variety of different services.
- Circa notebook system – I love this system. I have custom notebooks for every project. Small ones for travel, large ones for large projects and everything in between.
Last but not least is my converted hope chest. I’m southern so, of course, I have a hope chest. Actually I inherited it from my grandmother who got it from her grandmother. While my grandmother kept lines and her memories in her chest, I’ve turned mine into a file cabinet. I outfit the interior with hanging folders and use it to organize and keep the papers I don’t want online or those things that simply don’t lend themselves to scanning. Added bonus is that the chest looks beautiful in my office.