I love the period between Christmas and New Years. Christmas is festive and full of family and friends, food, gifts, visits, and parties. It is ending the year on a high note of fun and festivities and yes, endings. When I think of the New Year, I think of new beginnings, everything clean and white and sparkling with the potential for wonderful new adventures and excitement.
In addition to seeing family and friends, I enjoy the time between Christmas and the New Year as a time to clean. This past week, I cleaned out closets, organized and visited with friends. We reflected on the year and made plans for the new one extending that sense of anticipation of Christmas to the potential for new things in a new year.
I’m not much for resolutions but I love to dream and plan. The new year is like an open promise with only potential. So for the new year, I’m working on new dreams and making plans to see those dreams become a reality.
- Travel – Where to visit this year? I’m thinking of the Mediterranean and Scotland. Beaches and mountains sound balanced. I love visiting new places and experiencing new cultures. There is nothing better than being jolted out of your comfort zone by learning something new and what better way to expand your view than travel?
- Career – I’m looking forward to wrapping up existing projects and unleashing my creative juices on new ones.
- Romance – I’m ready for my lost knight in shinning armor to tap into his internal GPS and find his way to me. I’d be happy to meet him half way. Maybe my GPS needs a tune up?
- Friends and family – I’m looking forward to spending time with those close to me. Sharing and creating new memories.
- Fun – I am dreaming of a new year filled with fun. New people, new projects, lunches, dinners, decorating, shopping, museums – well you get the picture.
- Creativity – I have a creataive gene that needs to be exercised. Photographs, drawing, this blog, cooking, decorating and fashion are all things that I dabble in. I’m not certain what my new outlet for creative expression will be this year. I’d love to take a drawing or art history class. Hum, something to consider.
- Exercise – Walking, hiking, Pilates, yoga, barre – okay this one sounds more like a resolution so perhaps one resolution for the new year?
If I have one resolution for the new year, it is to embrace your dreams!
Happy New Year!