I’ve determined that I am a beach bum. The beach is my happy place be it the height of summer or the dead of winter. There is something calming about the sound of the waves and sand between my toes. It is a place where I can “hear myself think”. Given the Zombie Apocalypse of 2020, I’m finding it to be my remote work refuge. A place to contemplate and work and, better yet, the view is amazing!
With the upcoming holiday, I am setting the week aside as vacation. It’s time for some pleasure reading, beach walking, and general out of office time. I’m packing the beach bag with goldfish for a snack, my kindle loaded with beach reads, my iPod with audiobooks and a playlist and I’ve ordered a case of sunscreen from Amazon.
2020 beach reading list (no reviews as I’m just set to start my reading binge)
- Feels Like Falling, Kristy Woodson Harvey
- Hello Summer, Mary Kay Andrews
- Chanel’s Rivera,Anne de Courcey
- Sex and Vanity, Kevin Kwan
- Drawing Home, Jamie Brenner
2020 audiobook playlist (no reviews as I’ve just started listening and walking)
- The Summer House, James Patterson
- The Mirror & the Light, Hilary Mantel
- Firing Point, Tom Clancy
- Resistance Women, Jennifer Chiaverini
- All the Ways We Said Goodbye, Beatriz Williams
- True Evil, Greg Iles
Packing list for the beach bag
- Sunscreen – 30 and 50. My go to is Coola but I couldn’t find the unscented this year so I’m opting for Supergoop.
- Beach towel – I’m still using monogrammed bath sheets I ordered from Neiman’s years ago but I keep eyeing the ones from Weezie. I love their makeup towels.
- Tech – iPod, kindle and AirPod Pro (the pro are amazing at noise reduction. I highly recommend)
- Cooler with drinks and a spray bottle of Evian to cool you down